Ingredients for Chicken Katsu
180g chicken tenders
10g Panko Japanese breadcrumbs
Ingredients for Donburi Sauce
180cc Aji Mirin (sweet cooking rice wine)
126cc Kikkoman soy sauce
Ingredients for Katsu Don
1 bowl of cooked Japanese rice
2g spring onion
2g Shichimi Tongarashi powder (Japanese mixed spices)
2 - 3 SERVINGS
1. Dust salt and pepper on chicken tenders.
2. Sprinkle flour on both sides of each chicken tender then dredge in egg. And, cover them with Panko.
3. Heat up the oil and fry chicken tenders until golden brown. Take out the chicken and drain extra oil on paper towel.
4. In a Toji hot plate, bring the Donburi sauce seasonings (sake, Aji Mirin, Kikkoman soy sauce & sugar) and onion to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and cook onion until wilted.
5. Put Chicken Katsu in it and turn the heat up to medium high heat. Pour and distribute beaten egg evenly.
6. Cover the Toji plate and turn off the heat. Serve rice in a Donburi bowl and put Chicken and egg mixture on top.
7. Serve with Shichimi Tongarashi powder, sliced spring onion and leek on the side.